Kachumber is a simple, fresh salad containing chopped onions, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, pomegranate seeds, mint leaves, coriander, salt pepper, and lemon. Just a few ingredients make a tasty, healthy salad. However, not everything has to be complicated.
- One small cucumber- Cucumbers are full of water and very hydrating
- Two small fresh tomatoes
- One small onion- Onions make you cry but make your digestion laugh
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper (optional)
- One small pomegranate- There are many stories and facts about pomegranates. The word pomegranate is derived from the medieval Latin name granatum, meaning apple of many grains or seeds. Because of its exotic appearance and prolific seed clusters
- Fun fact: There are 613 seeds in each fruit. The pomegranate was revered for the beauty of its shrub, flowers, and fruit—symbolising sanctity, fertility, and abundance. The Song of Solomon compares the cheeks of a bride behind her veil to the two halves of a pomegranate.
- Do you know any fun facts??
- Few Mint leaves (optional)- Some people Love it or hate it. I love mint. It’s great for the digestive system, especially when we love eating Indian food
- Few coriander leaves (optional)- Again, it is a love or hate affair
- 2 Slices of lemon- citric, and the gut loves it. Adds flavour, and that oomph to the salad
Cut all the ingredients into small pieces. Add all the spices and squeeze lemon on top.
Enjoy as a side salad with Indian dishes. Also, tastes excellent added to sandwiches.