- 1 Medium Chicken , skinned and cut into small pieces (buy organic free range if possible)
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 Green chillies
- small piece of ginger
- 1 tea spoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teas spoon organic turmeric powder
- 1/2 tea spoon red chilli powder (I grinned it at home) can also buy from shops
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (check my blog on how to grind at home)
- All ingredients should be level teaspoon
- 3 Table spoons plain yogurt. ( can leave out if lactose intolerant)
- 4 table spoons rapeseed or vegetable oil. Can also use cocunut oil
Chop onions, garlic, ginger and chillies
I like using heavy pans as it cooks evenly.
Add the oil.
When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and cook for 1 min.
Add the chopped ingredients and cook until golden brown.
Add all the spices and cook for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes and cook for another 15 minutes on slow heat, stirring it frequently.
Add the yoghurt and cook until the sauce is smooth.
Add the chicken and coat well with the sauce.
Cover the pan and let it cook for 30 mins. Check frequently and stir.
The cooking time can vary according to the size of the chicken. Check to see it’s well cooked by testing the chicken on the bone. If it’s pink and any blood showing it further.
Serve with Rice, any side Enjoy.